Food Security Nioro du Sahel and Nara
This project is part of a multi-partner program of the Belgian Fund for Food Security. The following partners are involved:
- "Veterinarians Without Borders" (Dierenartsen zonder Grenzen) for the livestock component;
- Liberated World (Bevrijde Wereld) for the agricultural component;
- the Red Cross for the nutrition and health component;
- World Solidarity (Wereld Solidariteit) for the microcredits and health services component;
- UNCDF for the component for investment funds and municipal development;
- FAO to support the Commisariat pour la Sécurité Alimentaire (Food Security Office) of Mali for coordinating the program.
Key elements - component "access to drinking water"
Direct target groups:
44.000 people obtain access to drinking water and are sensitized on hygiene and sanitation; 30 schools and 10 health care centers.
Indirect target group:
General objective of the program
To maintain a sustainable improvement of food security of vulnerable groups in the districts of Nara Nioro du Sahel, by promoting their access to inputs, technologies and markets and by strengthening the capacities of local actors to act against food insecurity in the local development.
Specific objective of the component access to drinking water
Improving the access to water for the most vulnerable groups.
FBSA (Belgian Fund for Food Security)